via Instagram http://ift.tt/1Ix9JSt
The 90s revival is upon us! Seriously with artists like Charli XCX and Halsey around, we’re getting 90s nostalgia in a powerful way.
But how do you capture this style aesthetic?
- PLAID. Go all out with plaid. Plaid socks, plaid skirts, plaid headbands, plaid purses, plaid scarves. Even match your plaids to really capture that 90s Clueless vibe.
- Flannels! Grunge style was huge with the Nirvana crowd. Get the flannel staple in black and white and then build on that with the classic red-and-black, red-and-blue, and blue-green combos!
- Giant phones~ Have you seen the iPhone/Android cases they have now? They’re basically the size of a foot. Grab a cool iPhone case like this one and snap it on your phone to create the look you want!
- Micro-mini! Okay the highlight of the 90s style was the micro-mini skirt. Bonus if you include knee-high or thigh-high socks!
- Crop tops!!! Crop tops are one of my favorite items to wear…any season. And they go great with your micro-mini!
- PLATFORMS. Can’t forget about the platform shoes. Platform sneakers, platform sandals, platform booties. The possibilities are endless!
The events in Paris had me very rattled. The elevation of hate in our world is pointing to a very odd, disturbing trend. It feels like we’re at war with ourselves. Call it terrorism, call it police brutality, call it genocide, call it whatever you want but.
We’re at war with each other. And damn is that sad.